Tuesday, September 17, 2013

One Huge Pillow

Lately I have been bombarded with orders for pillows and cushions.  I love doing this stuff.  It kinda breaks things up.  It's also nice to get some projects done in a day.  In the past week, I have done a box cushion for a window seat, recovered to square cushions for stools, and a huge bolster for a king size bed. 

I have to admit, the circular shape of this pillow kinda threw me at first.  I seriously had to times things by pi.  What the heck?!?  I was never a big fan of geometry.  I always thought the only time I would really use it was pool and mini golf.  I gotta say, I was pretty much right until I started doing this stuff.  Ironically, my high school geometry teacher did work at Putt Putt.  In fact, he still does.  I think he owns it now though.

Invisible zipper.  Yay!

Let's just admire the zipper for a minute.  The pillow was 60 inches long, so it was a pretty long zipper.  I impressed myself with this one.  And the fabric is Clarice Dove by P Kauffman.
 

 
It was so cool to take it over there and put it on her bed.  She has been working on this room for a long time.  It all started with the buffalo check drapes I did for her last year.  She seriously should have a decorating blog.  Her style is epic.
 
 
On a side note, I broke my own rule today and went out without straightening my hair.  I was going for the natural "messy" look.  Is that still in?  Anyway, I think I just ended up looking like a mess.  Hair fail.

1 comment:

  1. Yes her style is epic, but so are you> : ) Great job!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete